Home inspection requirements vary from state to state, but
here are the minimum and uniform standards you can expect from a home
They include the following:
- Structural elements. Construction of visible foundation;
evidence of sagging or bowing of the structure; and window alignment.
- Grounds. Leaks from septic tank; proper drainage; and
condition of driveways, fences, and sidewalks.
- Roof. Condition of shingles; any repairs/patches to flat
roofs; clear vents; damage to chimneys; and properly working gutters.
- Exterior surfaces. Correct clearance between ground and
siding material; condition of exterior paint or siding; and properly working
lights and electrical outlets.
- Attic. Sufficient insulation; proper ventilation; and any
sign of leaking or water damage.
- Interior plumbing. No damaged or leaking pipes; proper hot
water temperature; and functioning toilets, sinks, bathtubs, and showers.
- Electrical system. Up-to-code condition and type of visible
wiring, and proper function of circuit breakers, outlets, light fixtures, and
- Appliances. Proper function of stove, dishwasher,
refrigerator, microwave, washer and dryer, and all other appliances.
- Heating and cooling systems. Condition of furnace, air
conditioning (temperature permitting), water heater, chimney, and fireplace.
- Basement. Solid foundation, walls, and floors, with no signs
of water intrusion or damage.
- Garage. Solid foundation, windows, ceiling, framing, and
roof; working garage door opener; up-to-code electrical system; and proper
function of outlets.
American Property Inspections provides home
inspection services near you from Pensacola Home Inspectors, Navarre Home
Inspections, Fort Walton Beach Home Inspectors, Niceville Home Inspections,
Destin Condo Inspectors, Miramar Beach Second Home Inspectors, Panama City
Beach Real Estate Inspectors.